Friday, October 19, 2012

Memories of Getting Lost and another Killer Smile Story


I have been thinking about writing for a few days at least, but it kept fizzling out, either I didn't have the time or I just couldn't get the words down. An incident that happen when Phil and his friends and I were coming back from Wales and trying to find our way back to send Sophia back to her place (for the life of me I can’t recall where, I think it was in Birmingham, but I am not sure) kept playing in my head, urging me to write about it, but as you can see I don’t know where to start.

People who know me well, know that whenever I go somewhere I need to have a very clear idea where the toilets will be, so that I could avoid emergencies. Well we kind of got lost (not that Phil or Gareth would admit to that, they’d say they know exactly where they were) on our way to sending Sophia back and then again on our way to Sheffield after sending Sophia home. So getting lost is not the best time for me to be asking to go to the toilet isn't it? But that was exactly what I did, before I embarrass myself in Phil’s car, I ask if we could find somewhere to stop because I need the toilet.

Phil saw a pub by the side of the road, and parked about 20 metre away, asking Gareth to accompany me (he had to stay in the car, but was worried for me to go into the pub alone), but Sophia said never mind she need to go as well, she’d accompany me.  So there we were happily rushing to the pub and pleasantly finding that the restroom was located near the entrance without even having to go into the pub (yeah, we don’t have to buy anything).

As we were going out back to the car, three guys was coming into the pub, and there I was so relieved  it was so easy to get to the toilet that I was smiling happily until I was reminded yet again that I should never smile at strangers (Killer Smile part 1, part 2, part 3). One of the guys did a double take as he looked at us coming out of the toilet and heading out ( I think the double take was for Sophia who look like the cutest china doll, and could probably be at my wide smile as well, who knows) , and cheerfully ask us to join him and his friend for a drink.  He was totally not taking no for an answer, it took both Sophia and my cheerful no several times and his friends tugging him away to extricate ourselves back to the car.  Thinking about it back the guy was really nice, because at no time did I feel threaten, I just felt flattered, unlike the other times when my smile got me in trouble.

Sophia and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment