Saturday, May 2, 2009

Killer Smile Part 2

I don’t exactly recall whether this happened before or after the previous mentioned incident. Let’s just say it about a few months after my crazy chauffer guy from uni stalker incident. Daddy had a whole day of running errands planned for us, it just so happened our car was in the workshop so Daddy got me to call a cab and book it for the whole day.

I called our usual cab company because they have very reliable service, and sure enough in ten minutes the cab arrived. So Daddy, Mommy, Abang (who was around 16 months at that time) and I, got in the cab. Dad told the driver that we would like to go to many places around KL and we would need him for a few hours and ask whether he was willing, He turned and look at us at the back, smiled and pleasantly said his time is ours. So we proceed to Bangsar so that Daddy could be fitted for his new suit at his favourite tailor. Since it was quite a busy road, I stayed in the car with Abang, the moment dad and mom left the car the driver turned his attention to cute liitle abang and starts to talked to him. He was so good with Abang that I had to smile (BIG MISTAKE). Once he saw my smile, he stopped talking to abang but more of talking through abang, he started saying would abang like it if he could be friends with abang’s sister and stuff like that, hinting that he would like to get to know me better. I fended of his approach as nicely and politely as I could, but just before dad and mom got back in the car, the driver told me that if I call for taxi I should mention his number and name and he’d come and picked me up whenever. Luckily I was never again left alone with the driver and at the end of the day I was relieved to see him gone. He was creeping me out all the way, constantly checking me out through the rearview mirror or quick hurried glances. I thought that was the end, and I’ve learned not to panic and give my number to strangers.

The next day, we had to go to function in town, this time Adik made the call for the cab, I forgot to tell her to use another company, so she called the same one we used yesterday. To my horror the same driver yesterday came to pick us up. I started to panic; Dad saw and asked what is wrong, so I told him how pushy and inappropriate the driver had been to me yesterday. Daddy said he’ll take care of it.

I was afraid that Daddy will lose his temper and a fight will ensue. But what happened instead is classic daddy caper. He always does the unexpected. What did my dad do to the driver? Find out in the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment