Monday, May 4, 2009

Killer Smile Part 3

My dad is the kind of person who can tell a joke dead pan, and if you don’t know him better, you would think he is serious, and being the writer and film director he is no one can come up with a better story than him on the spot.

It so happened to be that cab driver’s day to be played by Dad. As we entered the cab, the driver was smiling widely at me; I managed to keep a straight face and just ignored him. As we started to move, Dad started to talk, and what he was saying, if I was not trained to not react to whatever outrageous things he like to say, I would have burst out laughing.

Dad was casually talking to us at the back, saying how he likes this tie given to him by my pilot fiancé. You should have seen the face of the driver, the blood drained from his face when he heard that. But that wasn’t enough for Dad, he started to weave this story of how I started meeting and dating and eventually all the plan for the wedding (all this time I was thinking, is that another script you are planning Daddy). Of course throughout all this Daddy dialogue, I had to give appropriate response, so that the guy will buy it, I was proud to say I managed to do it, though I was holding back the biggest giggle anyone have ever known (my stomach hurt big time).

At the end of the ride, I didn’t know who I was sorry for most, the driver or me. The driver because he looked so forlorn and lost, poor guy he picked the wrong girl to messed with. Myself because it hurt big time trying to keep a straight face and not laugh, I didn’t know how the rest of the family stood it as well, cause as soon as the cab left, we were laughing maniacally.

But the best thing was, we never get that driver ever when we call that cab company.

So these 2 incidents are what made me more cautious about smiling to strangers. Hmm, but then again both men were people who drives other people, maybe I should try smiling to other type of men to really test this theory out. On second thought I don’t want any more stalker. I’ll stick to my unsmiling face then.

So unless you’re a friend I won’t be smiling at you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment