Sunday, June 21, 2009

To my Oldest Best Friend

Today is father’s day, so I am going to talk about my oldest best friend, my beloved Daddy!

My daddy has always been a central figure for me, for some reason he makes me feel safe and loved always. Mum is there for comfort, for pampering, and for all the things that mothers do, which I have said in other posts. But Dad is for special things, it was dad who carried me all over our little village, upside down holding by my little ankles and me giggling having the time of my life, I was but a toddler then but I remember that view of looking at the world upside-down, I guess that is why I still view it upside-down.

It was with dad, I got all red, sunburned, following him fishing by the big muddy Pahang River.

It was with dad I learned how to turn a tight pipe with a little ingenuity, that started me on a lifelong mission of turning into little Ms Mcguyver.

It was dad who never ever picked me up when I fall, teaching me since young to stand on my own two feet and to get up on my own when I fall.

It was dad who told me to punch back the boy who punched me, so that no other boy could do that to me again ever.

It was dad that I turn to when I was confuse, it was him that I need comforting from when I am hurt, and when I falter in my journey it was dad I will look for.

He is everything to me, my daddy, my confidant, my best friend, my protector, my doctor, my counselor, my partner in crime (LOL) and each year as I watch him grow older I fear for the day that I will not have my dad by my side. I dread the day when I actually have to stand up again without him behind there watching me with pride in his eyes.

I LOVE YOU DADDY!

2 comments:

  1. hargai mereka selagi hayat dikandung badan kerana setelah mereka pergi...memori takkan sama dengan realiti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe a simple "thank you" is the best way to show appreciation towards him........

    ReplyDelete