Saturday, June 13, 2009

My sister's KH experience

Since i have written something long on my KH threads. I might as well share it here, and let my friends see what I have been up too and why the should join me in the fun and accept my KH Invite.

Here is a story I was telling on KH forum thread:

This is my second attempt of telling this story I had one all nice and done and then when I previewed it disappeared. That teaches me to write straight into the box, now this one is going to be in words and save before I do anything.

I have a story about my sister’s experience at a bungled negotiation last night.

My sister is being taught how to war by me, through my liege, meaning he tutors me and I tutor her. She is facing a tough learning curve, and has made a few beginner’s mistake, which causes me headache and heartache of which I passed on to my liege. So this time round after learning from her mistake, my sister is ready again to try to seize 2 p20s and keep them for the whole 3 days. She has been having problem keeping both, for some reason or other one of her timer will get seized upon and mostly from knights with at least 1 or 2 MAAs. So this time she was determined to be successful at keeping this two p20s.

What happened was around 4 or 5 in the evening she received a message from a Marquis, which she forwarded to me saying:
knight Pantelis is taken from a newbie of my liege line, so what do you want for it,

So she sent back a reply, not direct quote because the guy has deleted her message:
Anything really, I am new and learning wm, and I am just trying to learn how to defend 2 p20s on timer. What do you want to give?

She waited but no response, so she went and message again:
I have to ask my liege of course, but what is ur offer so I can tell her.

After an hour still no reply, so she sent a final one:
So what is your offer?

When still no response she takes it to mean they were not interested, so she went on to see how her kingdom is being attacked left and right, I think she finished her healing gold after the 2nd hour, since the night she seized the 2nd p20 and entered the lively AB she was constantly hit, but her alarm was buggy, it has not risen from last night till her p20 was seized, it stayed at a constant 2, after she tried moving her vassal in and out of her OP.
So it was a surprised then to receive a call from my sister around 10 at night saying her knights has been seized by a knight with 2 MAAs and that knight belong to the same alliance of the aforementioned Marquis. So she said she checked the Marquis out and found out that all 3 of her messages have been deleted. She was angry so she sent a message and did not make it private, it has been deleted too.
So the gist of her message is:
That was very nice of you. I thought you wanted your knight back, honorably, by negotiating. I told you I would have given him back for practically nothing. And then to send a knight of your alliance with 2 MAAs to attack a lady to seize your knight back. If you want to do it that way, why bother pretending to be a gentleman and ask nicely first. NEXT TIME ATTACK ME RIGHT AWAY AND COME AND GET IT YOURSELF! THANK YOU FOR THE LESSON!

So it was no surprise when I woke up this morning I received a message on my board from this Marquis:
My vassals got a knight from Lady Yasleh that belonged to a newbie in my liege line, because she asked for help from the alliance, even though i got in touch with your Lady, i just came on line and saw it on my post, I'm sending 40k gold for your Lady Yasleh with mu apologies, but that's how my Alliance work, once somebody is in
problem everybody help, this is the link to my alliance http://knight.fb.hive7.com/AllianceView.aspx?AllianceId=445 you can join without need to leave your liege if you want of course you can leave the Alliance anytime you want since you don't belong to any member of the alliance, you just click on the abandon command.

So I sent him a very nice message back, saved it just in case he deletes:
Yes my sister told me about it. I am sorry if she said anything rash, coz she told me she wrote you, knowing my sister it will be something instinctive and angry, forgive her, she has affective schizophrenia, so she is very emotional, this is not the first knight on timer that she has lost i recent weeks. She is just learning WM and I use it as therapy for her ever-changing emotions. I will pass the gold to her once she is in PM. Thank you again, and please keep better reign on your alliance member eh, coz my sister and I were both waiting for your reply, if she had ignored your message then it would have been understandable, but she did not, to my understanding she sent 3 messages which you claimed was note read, but when she checked was deleted. So well, everything's well that went well,

Don't you think the usual going rate is like 75% of the market place, I know my sister would have accepted anything from you but she would have gotten 147 k for the knight when she sells him and 40k is just a little short. I am not saying anything, just a comment! You do what you think is right!

Viscountess Yasleh

And then I told my sister to check her board whether she received any message too, she did on in private and one an open message:

1) just send 40k to your liege, sorry but that's how it works in my alliance once somebody in problem everybody help, i was not on line and the members did not know that we have talk, because i left for work, this is the link to my alliance http://knight.fb.hive7.com/AllianceView.aspx?AllianceId=445 have a nice weekend and good hunting
2) Oh, and i will wait for your apologies for the message on my wall

So she nicely responded, and this time she saved it and forwarded it to me:
1) Well, I am sorry if i was a little harsh, I was not rude was I. How would you react after saying you don't mind really, anything that you want to give is ok since it is an exercise set by my liege, then waited for hours for a reply to have someone who is obviously from your side using the unfair advantage of not one but two MAA on a lady with 9ix SQs and a knight to seize on negotiated knight. If it is the way your alliance work, you should have left word that negotiation was underway and to hold off rescue/seize attempts on your say so (well that is what I would have done).

I am sorry if you consider my message uncouth, but please understand this is like the third knight seized from me before their timer runs out, the first 2 was a mistake on my part for not understanding my liege and grand liege's instruction, but this time I thought I had done everything right.

PS please tell your newbies to protect their p20s better, because it wasn't really hard to seize, Please keep in mind my AAS was just 45, and it was really easy breaking her wall defense. JUST A THOUGHT!

Thank you for the way you have responded. You have shown that you are a gentleman after all.

Lady Yasleh.
2) I apologize for my angry outburst if you consider it that, but i would not apologize for the spirit of the message! I checked, you deleted my earlier messages so saying you did not know what your alliance is doing is just plain a lie. Well I might look naive but...

Anyway thank you.

So that is my long story for the day. What do you think?

1) Was my sister’s message on the attack harsh?
2) Did she really need to apologize for it?
3) Don’t you think the marquis is trying to pull wool over our eyes claiming innocence of his alliance member’s action?
4) Is 40k a decent recompense?

No comments:

Post a Comment