Monday, December 6, 2010

I Miss You Mummy 3

Mom and me had a weird dynamic, me stubborn and mom ignoring that stubbornness, and sometimes her ignoring my stubbornness leads to big disaster that led to some of my biggest life’s lesson, which worked out fine apart from a hospital trip or two :P, unlike dad who does not tolerate at all my stubbornness which basically make me dump all my stubbornness on mom, lol. Why am I stubborn? I don’t really know, I think it was my grandma who told me (could be other relatives, lol, I can’t really recall) that if a person has a mole behind her ear, it shows that the person was born stubborn, well I don’t know if it is true, but the thing is I have a mole behind both ears, so that is where the family is blaming my stubbornness on, and teasingly saying I am doubly stubborn. But if you look at it, mom told me I was a week or two early, mom fell in the bathroom one day, and I decided that was the perfect time for me to make my loud entrance into the world, so from day one I stubbornly refused to follow the schedule that was prepared for me, mom should have known from then on I am going to drag her from one stubborn tantrum after another, but I guess mom and dad didn’t, because they chose a sweet, demure third name for me (why I never liked being called Ayu, lol).

Anyway, the accident I had when I was 3 years old was because I was stubborn , I know mom blamed herself, but honestly it had to be blamed on my two moles, lol. We were living with Tok Jamilah (my maternal grandmother) then, across the street was my auntie’s house, I adored playing with my cousin who was one year older, so most of the time I’d be there. One day mom thought I have been at Mak Ngah’s house too long, so she came over to fetch me. Of course I refused, so mom bribed me by promising that she’d make banana fritters and Milo, my favourite snack at the time, and I reluctantly said goodbye and took Mom’s left hand, she was carrying 6 months old adik on her right. While we were waiting to cross, I had the bright idea to show mom how clever I was, despite being told and impressed upon a thousand times to never let go of my parents’ or an adult’s hand while crossing the road, I that day stubbornly did so and ran across the road as fast as I could as shown by my much older cousin, De Fidah, (I forgot the part where she showed to look, left and right first, not that I could tell my left and right, I just remember the run, lol), the thing was I made it safely across the road and as I was triumphantly turning to show mom what a clever girl I was, I flew into the air, yeah that was all I could recall now, how I flew into the air after the motorbike hit me, I can’t recall the impact, or the pain when the tip of my right little finger was blendered by the wheel, all I remembered was how I was thrown into the air and how time seems to have stopped and the absolute horrified look mom had. A look that stayed with me my whole life, which has stopped me doing a lot of foolish things, not all of course, I still have a lot to learn, but that accident taught me, to never let go of my parents hand when they are guiding me, even if I think I was too old for it, and of course it also taught me my left and right, lol, till today I still feel for that lost tip on my right hand little finger to make sure which is right or left.

Well I have a lot more stories of my stubbornness and how mom dealt with it, like why I hate my middle name so much, but I guess that is for another day, because again I am flooded by too many images to make it out into words. Till the next time then, I miss you Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment