Monday, January 11, 2010

Life in the Touch N Go Lane.

Today as I was on my way to pick up Abang from school I got stuck for about 5 minutes or so behind a few cars in the Touch N Go lane at the toll. I was kinda wondering what was holding us up. What is the point of using Touch N Go and still you get stuck right? But it happens often enough. The toll where I have to past to go to Abang's school even the Smart Tag lane will get stuck. Well Malaysia Boleh!

But the thing is this remind me of so many times when really funny and sometimes idiotic incidents that happen in the Touch N Go lane. There was one time when Adik, Abang, and I was on our way back from Sunway we saw this elderly couple keep reversing and moving forward in the next lane. As we had to line up in our lane cause there's a few car in front of us, we got to see, what was happening. This couple I guess have never used the card, but have heard about how to go through Smart Tag lanes, so there they was waving the card about in their car and panicking because it seems not to work, so the uncle keeps backing out while yelling desperately to his wife to wave the card better. The catch was they were in the Touch N Go lane and even if they were in the Smart Tag lane, they didn't have the Smart Tag device. Well as we drove away as soon as I touch the card to the reader, we were hilariously laughing, I know it was bad of us, but it was too funny.

That incident was funny and for once it didn't affect me, but most other incidents do. There was one time I saw a car back out of one Touch N Go lane and entering the next one to it, so me in my infinite logic, deduced that there was someting wrong with that lane, so I neatly manouevered to follow that car in to the next lane. Big mistake, because the car kinda stop and I was wondering what is wrong now, then the driver open his window and tentatively wave a one Ringgit note in the air. I was like muttering expletive, thinking what kind of idiot who realise he made a mistake entering one Touch N Go lane and then make the same mistake. So needless to say, I had to risk accident that day to back out of the lane and let him reverse to go to the cash lane. I wish I could say this is a one time incident, but there has been many a time I have to do this dangerous manouever just because people were not careful enough to chose their lanes.

Well I can say that driving through many Touch N Go lanes, I have learned a lot about life in general, mostly it has taught me to have more patience and to be more careful in what lanes I chose, because you never know who would be driving the car in front of you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment