Saturday, January 8, 2011

I miss you Mummy 8


Anyone who knows me, know that I am allergic to my middle name. I really can’t take it when people call me Rita, it gives me the shivers and the feeling that I am in deep trouble, thanks to growing up naughty and having Mom scream to the whole world, RITA!!!!! Well when I hear that particular scream, I know like I have 3 seconds to get myself home and go face Daddy’s judgement, lol, cause Mom never scream for me unless Dad is home and very upset that I am not home yet. What can I say, I fancied myself an adventurer when I was young, so I spend the whole day exploring even places that is forbidden for me, so when the scream sounded I know I deserve whatever scolding I am going to get.

Well before I go further with that I better tell how I got my middle name and how before Adik comes along and I got stuck with the moniker Along, I was called by my middle name by family and family friends who has known me when I was in diapers. When I was born Dad was Editor of a new entertainment magazine called, Rita, so I was named after the magazine. From the moment I was named, dad calls me Rita and so that was how I was known and presented to the world. It was ok I guess, no kid has a choice on their name, we don’t come out carrying a name card saying here is what I prefer to be called, lol. But as I grow up and especially after Adik came 2 and half years later and family starts addressing me as Along ( a nickname given to the eldest), Rita frequently become – oh you are in so much trouble – name. I don’t know why Mom did not follow every other moms who will call their children’s full name when they are in trouble, but then again, thinking about it I am never around when mom needs to scold me, lol, I think screaming my full name would have been really hard, lol, so RITA!!!!!!! Is easier for her, and you guys trust me she has such a loud frightening way of screaming my name till now a mere mention of the name has me shaking in my boots still. :)

So I never failed to mention to people I meet to never call me Rita, though Yasleh is effectively my family name and shared with both my siblings, I will still tell friends to call me Yasleh or Yas. The funny thing is, a lecturer who really took to heart that I am scared of my middle name, insisted in calling me Rita despite several request from me not to. A friend commented that the lecturer is intimidated by me and thinks she need all the advantage she can get, lol, which makes me retort, intimidated by little old me, I am the kindest student she’ll ever have, lol.

So that is why I hate being called Rita, by the way I still have to endure when meeting relatives and old family friends. But you know what I’d give the world to just hear Mom scream RITA!!!! One more time. I miss you Mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment