Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Got it Wrong, I think, Virgin is a Bad Word! :P

When I wrote Since When Virgin is a Bad Word, I really thought someone somewhere must have been confuse, but now I think I am the one confuse. Yesterday listening to Rihanna's Rude Boy I finally come to the conclusion that to someone in control of censoring stuff for the Malaysian public: virgin=bad ; sexual conduct(as long as the word sex is not mention anywhere)=good.

Why would I think that? It is the only reason I could come out with, because I refuse to believe anyone would be so stupid not to understand the innuendo in Rihanna's song and yet feel fit to bleep the word virgin in Train's Hey Soul Sister. I am not saying that censoring stuff is a good practice anyway, but hey if you want to do it, might as well do it right and be consistent about it.

Maybe I think too much, lol. If this bothers me so much. :)

1 comment:

  1. Salam, "Like a Virgin...awww, touch for the very first time...like a Viiiirgiin, feel ur heart beat next to mineeee..."

    ReplyDelete