Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Old Poems


I was just looking through my old poems, because something Phil said triggered a memory. What interest me was I found a couple of poems talking about dreams and life’s journey. It seems however much life has changed; I am still the same at the core. Well thought it’d be interesting to share the poems. Hope I could keep the formatting, here goes:-

Ashes

                                   My life
                            is made
                    from the
                         reconstructed ashes
                                        of my dreams.
                                    Dreams that
                            has been
       burned by the
                  fire of defeat.
                         Each time
                                 I with
                                           my    bubbles
        of    hope   gather
   the  scattered  ashes  and
        the    remains    form
           new       dreams
              not    stronger
               renewed!
Rya
24.8.2000
12.43 a.m.

Journey

In this kaleidoscopic world
sometimes it is hard to see
        with clear perception.
What we search
        is almost always an illusion.
What we want
        is never what we get.
As each of us tries
        to complete our journey
        in search of
                love
                        belonging
                                fulfilment.
We sometimes get distracted
        and misdirected by
                lust
                        pretence
                                satiation.
But at the end of the road
what matters most
is the Journey itself
in which He had intended!

Rya
1/2/2002
3.00 p.m.

2 comments: