Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pretty is as Pretty does

I texted Phil one day that he makes me feels beautiful when he looks at me. A couple of days later, he asked me in Skype, does that mean I feel I am not beautiful? So I said, yeah, there are days I don’t feel beautiful, I’d feel fat or something about my skin, my teeth etc would make me feel less than perfect.

My honey being what he is was like, to be honest you are a bit fat by European standard, and he went on and on telling me why, but of course he was quick to tell me this is him being an objective observer and not my boyfriend who loves me as I am and will always love me (girls, aww).

Well so I went on to tell him of course I am aware that I have a bit more to love, but I don’t think I was explaining it very well to him, but the way he looks at me makes me feel all my flaws does not matter, because he when he looks at me he sees me whole physically and spiritually and it is clear in his gaze he finds me as a person, beautiful, and he tells it very clearly that he loves that person he sees wholly and honestly.

When I tried telling him that, he just said, ahh so it is not just a body thing then. Well he went on to discuss self esteem stuff after that, but what strikes me is it surprises him that I would doubt that I am pretty because to him it is a fact just that it is fact he is tall. I really don’t know where to go from there, I am grateful that he sees me that way, but I know for a fact love has a way of skewering our vision, but I am assured by the fact that he loves me for the person and not the body, because I know there are a lot of more girls out there who has beautiful bodies, but not a lot of girls who sees the world as I do of which incidentally is how he perceive his world and so we could say it is a perfect match of world view. :)

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum Yas,

    Awwwww....!

    Memang betul pun, kalau seseorang tengok kita secara fizikal jer, camner Princess Di tu nampak flawed pada Prince Charles? Dan dia bahagia pulak dgn pompuan Camilla yg lebih tua dan tak bape cantik tu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree kak, it has to be something more for attraction to turn to affection, :)

    ReplyDelete